- The cool thing about 20 inch box truss, it allows you to dream big, big loads, big structures.
- Lots of space in and outside the truss for fixtures, cables and scenery, and it assembles fast and easy like Lego blocks
- Assemble in multiple directions including columns, you can even use 20″ truss for banner and vinyl graphic column displays
- Smart truss is configured to your imaginative stage and production designs. With all the sizes and types we make, just dream it, draw it, and build it.
Box Truss / Lighting Truss 20.5″ x 20.5″
$486.00 – $860.00
- 20.5″H x 20.5”W, (2′, 4′, 8′ and 10′) long box truss, bolt connection. Generic fit to most standards.
- TUV – SGS certified. Load tested + inspected.
- Truss bolts sets available. In stock most truss sizes, ready to ship TODAY.
- Compatible with all other 20.5″ truss lengths, curves, angled corners, base mounts, hinges and corner blocks.
- Box shape, four round tubes, OD of 2″ with a wall of .125″, diagonal 1” .125 wall.
- Welded to TÜV standards, 6061-T6 alloy, using #5356 rod, using TIG hand weld process.
- Weight: 28-80 lbs ( 12.7 kg ) approx. (see weights with size)
- Finish: Natural aluminum (color powder coating available)
Smartstage strongly recommends that you engage the services of the licensed engineering professional to analyze complex loading configurations and/or conditions.
- Life dependable welds
- Generic fit to most brands
- 6061 T6 alloy
- 2” main chord, 1” diags
- TUV – SGS Certified
- High load capacity
- Most sizes stock, immediate shipping
- Ergonomically friendly,
- Years of proven tested durability
- Load tested and inspected
- Trade fair exhibits
- Trade show booths
- Theater lighting
- Television & film lighting grids
- Television & film set structures
- Sporting event structures and start finish lines
- Theater set structures
- Stadium platforms over seating
- Show structures
- Stage roof covers
- Temporary wall structures
- Promotional columns
- Banner frames
- Artisitc structures
- Laboratory testing structures
- Cable trough structures
- Modular buildings
- Pool cover structures
- Climbing apparatus
- Challenge gyms
- Mezzazine structures
- Shelving structures
- Bridges and water crossings
- Carport structures
- Special event structures
- Architectural features
- Crowd control
- Porte cocheres entrances valet dropoff
- Lighting booms
- LED screen support structures
- Movie screen supports
- Sound speaker support towers
- Stage and roof lifting towers
- Auto car ramps
- Access frames ladders
- Scaffold bridging
- Temporary floor structures
- Platforms to bridge valley, gaps, ditches
- Archtectural lighting supports
- Studio grids
- Fashion show sets
- Retail store grids and lighting supports
- Communication towers
- Sign supports and sign systems
- Museum and science center displays
- Maze rooms and gaming parks
- Theme park structures
- Playground and obstacle course structures
- Large display with vinyl frames
- Sun and rain covers
- Auto showroom displays
- Elevating platforms
- Art display stands
How It Works
Fast and simple bolt together aluminum Legolike blocks. Whatever you imagine, you can build. Smartstage truss can run in ANY direction, ANY length desired, allows you to build multi truss blocks, covers, bridges, grids, artistic structures. Smartstage trusses configure fast and easily. Simply draw your dream, and assemble the sections, 4 bolts each end, in the configuration of your desire. The structure will always remain rigid, and strong.
Smartstage 20 inch aluminum lighting box and triangle truss, is designed and engineered with life dependable welds, to perform to the highest standards. TUV & SGS certified worldwide, load tested and x-rayed for quality assurance.
Smartstage lighting truss is easy to install with integral design, simple bolt style connection, comes in multiple lengths from 2′ to 10′, with numerous accessories, wedges, hinges, and corner blocks. Smart trusses can be configured to fulfill any creative structural concept you design for your event venue or tour.
Engineering & Testing
20 inch box truss is the larger of sizes, for heavy loads. Box truss can be used in horizontal or vertical positions, and loads can be applied unilaterally, either one center load, or spread load, see load charts for details on load deflections. Smartstage tests its alloys, and x-rays the welds to ensure strength, integrity and reliability are met.
- Number of sections assumes 8’ – 0” truss segments. Loads listed are applicable for 2’ – 0”, 4’ – 0” and 8’ – 0” segments.
- Span indicates distance between truss supports.
- Uniform load shall be distributed equally along both left and right chord members.
- Concentrated loads shall be located at panel points only.
- Concentrated load shall be hung from both left and right chord members to evenly distribute load. Concentrated loads greater than 1000-lbs shall have a minimum of four support points; concentrated loads less than 1000-lbs shall have a minimum of two support points.
- For point loads at intervals not indicated, use equivalent uniform load to determine capacity.
- Truss section shall be spliced together using (4) 5/8” diameter grade 8 thru bolts.
- Deflection shown is the estimated value at midspan.
- Capacity of additional support structures, components or connections are outside the scope of this analysis.