- 12 inch box truss is the world standard in box truss for many show applications, used for scenery, LED screens, grids, lighting, cable runs, signage, sporting, and more
- 12 inch box truss is the staple of many shows, works like Lego blocks
- Configured to your imaginative stage and production designs. With all the sizes and types we make, just dream it, draw it, and build it.
- Smartstage 12 inch truss comes in many lengths, and can be assembled in so many different ways beyond imagination. We make all the items to accessorize truss, like bases, clamps, grapples, curves, corner blocks, and mounts.
Box Truss / Lighting Truss 12″ x 12″
$238.00 – $455.00
- 12″H x 12”W, (1′, 2′, 3′, 4′, 5′, 6′, 8′, and 10′) long box truss, bolt connection. Generic fit to most standards.
- TUV – SGS certified. Load tested + inspected.
- Truss bolts sets available. In stock most truss sizes, ready to ship TODAY.
- Compatible with all other 12″ truss lengths, curves, angled corners, base mounts, hinges and corner blocks.
- Box shape, four round tubes, OD of 2″ with a wall of .125″, diagonal 1” .125 wall.
- Welded to TÜV standards, 6061-T6 alloy, using #5356 rod, using TIG hand weld process.
- Weight: 14-62 lbs (see lengths for weights)
- Finish: Natural aluminum (color powder coating available)
Smartstage strongly recommends that you engage the services of the licensed engineering professional to analyze complex loading configurations and/or conditions.
- Life dependable welds
- Generic fit to most brands
- 6061 T6 alloy
- 2” main chord, 1” diags
- TUV – SGS Certified
- High load capacity
- Most sizes stock, immediate shipping
- Ergonomically friendly,
- Years of proven tested durability
- Load tested and inspected
- Trade fair exhibits
- Trade show booths
- Theater lighting
- Television & film lighting grids
- Television & film set structures
- Sporting event structures and start finish lines
- Theater set structures
- Stadium platforms over seating
- Show structures
- Stage roof covers
- Temporary wall structures
- Promotional columns
- Banner frames
- Artisitc structures
- Laboratory testing structures
- Cable trough structures
- Modular buildings
- Pool cover structures
- Climbing apparatus
- Challenge gyms
- Mezzazine structures
- Shelving structures
- Bridges and water crossings
- Carport structures
- Special event structures
- Architectural features
- Crowd control
- Porte cocheres entrances valet dropoff
- Lighting booms
- LED screen support structures
- Movie screen supports
- Sound speaker support towers
- Stage and roof lifting towers
- Auto car ramps
- Access frames ladders
- Scaffold bridging
- Temporary floor structures
- Platforms to bridge valley, gaps, ditches
- Archtectural lighting supports
- Studio grids
- Fashion show sets
- Retail store grids and lighting supports
- Communication towers
- Sign supports and sign systems
- Museum and science center displays
- Maze rooms and gaming parks
- Theme park structures
- Playground and obstacle course structures
- Large display with vinyl frames
- Sun and rain covers
- Auto showroom displays
- Elevating platforms
- Art display stands
How It Works
Fast and simple bolt together aluminum Legolike blocks. Whatever you imagine, you can build. Smartstage truss can run in ANY direction, ANY length desired, allows you to build multi truss blocks, covers, bridges, grids, artistic structures. Smartstage trusses configure fast and easily. Simply draw your dream, and assemble the sections, 4 bolts each end, in the configuration of your desire. The structure will always remain rigid, and strong.
Smartstage box truss 12″ x 12″, silver aluminum, bolt connection is designed and engineered with life dependable welds, to perform to the highest standards. TUV & SGS certified worldwide, load tested and x-rayed for quality assurance. Smartstage 12 inch box truss / lighting truss comes in multiple sizes for lighting show performances, and multiple applications. Smartstage lighting truss is easy to install with integral design, simple bolt style connection, comes in multiple lengths from 1′ to 10′, with numerous accessories, wedges, hinges, and corner blocks. Smart trusses are available in many lengths and finishes, curved and angled, with a wide range of connection hardware available. Smart trusses can be configured to fulfill any creative structural concept you design for your event venue or tour.
Engineering & Testing
Smartstage 12 inch box truss has been tested and tested again to span every direction, and in many spans, hanging sound and lights, sets, banners, and LED screens. We x-ray our welds, and alloy test regulary. Our single piece end plate doubled the loading capacity, and streamlined the look and welds. test
- Span indicates distance between truss supports.
- Maximum uniformly distributed load that may be supported by a single horizontal 2” pipe is 270 plf.
- Uniform load shall be distributed equally to bottom chord and/or top chord members to the greatest extent possible.
- Maximum single concentrated point load that may be supported by a single horizontal 2” pipe is 500 lbs.
- Concentrated loads shall be hung from top chord members only. Each concentrated load shall have four truss support points, equally distributed between both top chords.
- Allowable concentrated point loads for 8’ – 0” span truss may be doubled provided the load is hung from 4 unique support points, equally distributed over both bottom chords.
- For point loads at intervals not indicated, use equivalent uniform load to determine capacity.
- Truss sections shall be spliced together using (4) 5/8” diameter grade 8 thru bolts or a Truss Corner
- Block with (8) 5/8” diameter grade 8 thru bolts. The 22.5-degree, 30-degree, and 45-degree truss corner blocks shall be located no more than 8’-0” from a support point on both sides.
- Truss lengths of 1’-0”, 2’-0”, 3’-0”, 4’-0”, 5′, 6′, 8′ and 10’-0” have a load rating equal to the 8’-0” truss span, and rare subject to the uniform and concentrated loading restrictions of footnotes 2, 3, 4 and 5.